Department of Mathematics
Research interest(s)/area of expertise
My main research interests lie in the field of Numerical analysis, applied mathematics and scientific computing,
• Design and Analysis of numerical methods
– Direct discontinuous Galerkin methods, Mixed discontinuous Galerkin methods, finite element methods, Finite diffrente methods, Graded meshes
• Numerical solution of nonlinear Partial Differential Equations, such as Elliptic equations (e.g.,Poisson-Boltzmann equation, Biharmonic equation), time-dependent PDEs ( Swift-Hohenberg equation, and Cahn-Hilliard equation), singular problems
• Asymptotic method for Kinetic equations (e.g., Bhatnagar-Gross-Krook (BGK) equation)
- 2019.08. Ph.D., Applied Mathematics, Iowa State University. Advisors: Hailiang Liu & Songting Luo
Awards and grants
1. Spring 2019, Mario Gutierrez Fund for International Graduate Students, International Students and Scholars Office, Iowa State University.
2. Fall 2017, Wolfe Research Fellowship: one semester free of teaching duties for focusing on research awarded for Spring 2018, Iowa State University.
2020 Hailiang Liu and Peimeng Yin. Unconditionally energy stable SAV-DG schemes for the Swift-Hohenberg equation. Journal of Computational Physics, submitted.
 Hengguang Li, Xiang Wan, Peimeng Yin* and Lewei Zhao. Regularity and finite element approximation for two-dimensional elliptic equations with line Dirac sources. Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, submitted.
 Hailiang Liu and Peimeng Yin*. Unconditionally energy stable DG schemes for the Cahn-Hilliard equation. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, submitted.
 Hailiang Liu, James Ralston and Peimeng Yin. General Superpositions of Gaussian beams and propagation error. Mathematics of Computation, 89 (2020), pp. 675-697.
2019 Hailiang Liu and Peimeng Yin. Unconditionally energy stable DG schemes for the Swift-Hohenberg equation. Journal of Scientific Computing, 81-2 (2019), pp. 789–819.
2018 Hailiang Liu and Peimeng Yin. A mixed discontinuous Galerkin method without interior penalty for time-dependent fourth order problems. Journal of Scientific Computing, 77 (2018), pp. 467-501.
 Peimeng Yin, Yunqing Huang and Hailiang Liu. Error estimates for the iterative discontinuous Galerkin method to the nonlinear Poisson-Boltzmann equation. Communications in Computational Physics, 23 (2018), pp. 168-197.
2014 Peimeng Yin, Yunqing Huang and Hailiang Liu. An iterative discontinuous Galerkin method for solving the nonlinear Poisson-Boltzmann equation. Communications in Computational Physics, 16 (2014), pp. 491-515.
Winter 2020, MAT 2020, Calculus II; MAT 2030, Calculus III.
• Instructor at Wayne State University:
– Winter 2020, MAT 2020, Calculus II; MAT 2030, Calculus III.
– Fall 2019, MAT 2020, Calculus II.
• Instructor at Iowa State University:
– Summer 2016, MATH 166, Calculus II.
– Summer 2015, MATH 492, Undergraduate Seminar (Numerical Analysis).
• Recitation Leader at Iowa State University:
– Fall 2016 / Fall 2017 / Fall 2018, MATH 143, Precalculus (6 sections).
– Spring 2016 / Spring 2017, MATH 267, ODEs and Laplace Transforms (6 sections).
– Spring 2015, MATH 166, Calculus II (3 sections).