Senior research scientist
NMR/EPR laboratory manager
Lumigen Instrument Center
Dennis joined the Lumigen Instrument Center in 2018 with over 20 years of experience in utilizing NMR Spectroscopy and managing NMR laboratories, both in industry and academia. He has previously worked at Occidental College in Los Angeles, CA and Central Michigan University in Mt. Pleasant, MI. He was responsible for management and upkeep of NMR laboratories along with other analytical instrumentation. He trained users to use NMR instrumentation as well as how to optimize and analyze experiments. Additionally, he performed structure elucidation and other specialized experiments to assist students and faculty, as well as teaching a graduate level NMR interpretation course.
Following these academic positions, Dennis joined Pfizer, Inc in Ann Arbor, MI, and continued with the company in Groton, CT after the Michigan laboratories were closed. At these positions, he performed large numbers of structure elucidation projects, and he became proficient in customizing and optimizing the walk-up user environment in open-access and research laboratories. Over the years, some of the research projects in which Dennis was involved included the use of Flow NMR for reaction monitoring and investigating intramolecular hydrogen bonding, and the use of Residual Dipolar Coupling (RDC) and NOESY1D measurements for determining molecular conformation in solution.
- B.S. Chemistry, Purdue University
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, Purdue University
- M.S. Chemistry, California Institute of Technology
- K. A. Farley, Y. Che, A. Navarro-Vázquez, C. Limberakis, D. Anderson, J. Yan, M. Shapiro, V. Shanmugasundaram, and R. R. Gil, Cyclic Peptide Design Guided by Residual Dipolar Couplings, J-Couplings, and Intramolecular Hydrogen Bond Analysis, J. Org. Chem., 84, 4803 (2019).
- K. A. Farley, U. Reilly, D. P. Anderson, B. P. Boscoe, M. W. Bundesmann, D. A. Foley, M. S. Lall, C. Li, M. R. Reese, and J. Yan, Utilizing On- and Off-line Monitoring Tools to Follow a Kinetic Resolution Step During Flow Synthesis, Magn. Reson. Chem., 55, 348 (2017).
- J. E. Davoren, S. V. O'Neil, D. P. Anderson, M. A. Brodney, L. Chenard, K. Dlugolenski, J. R. Edgerton, M. Green, M. Garnsey, S. Grimwood, A. R. Harris, G. W. Kauffman, E. LaChapelle, J. T. Lazzaro, C-W. Lee, S. M. Lotarski, D. M. Nason, R. S. Obach, V. Reinhart, R. Salomon-Ferrer, S. J. Steyn, D. Webb, J. Yan, and L. Zhang, Design and Optimization of Selective Azaindole M1 Positive Allosteric Modulators, Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett., 26, 650, (2016).
- M. E. Flanagan, J. A. Abramite, D. P. Anderson, A. Aulabaugh, U. P. Dahal, A. M. Gilbert, C. Li, J. Montgomery, S. R. Oppenheimer, T. Ryder, B. P. Schuff, D. P. Uccello, G. S. Walker, Y. Wu, M. F. Brown, J. M. Chen, M. M. Hayward, M. C. Noe, R. S. Obach, L. Philippe, V. Shanmugasundaram, M. J. Shapiro, J. Starr, J. Stroh, and Ye Che, Chemical and Computational Methods for the Characterization of Covalent Reactive Groups for the Prospective Design of Irreversible Inhibitors, J. Med. Chem., 57, 10072 (2014).
- G. H. Goetz,, W. Farrell, M. Shalaeva, S. Sciabola, D. Anderson, J. Yan, L. Philippe, and M. J. Shapiro, High Throughput Method for the Indirect Detection of Intramolecular Hydrogen Bonding, J. Med. Chem., 57, 2920 (2014).
- R. P. Robinson, A. Casimiro-Garcia, S. Liang, D. P. Anderson, A. C. Flick, A tandem hetero DielsAlder/Mannich approach for the synthesis of a versatile hexahydro-2H-pyrano[3,2-c]pyridin-4(3H)-one core, Tetrahedron Letters, 54, 6168 (2013).