Graduate Teaching Assistant
1138 Faculty Administration Building
Department of Mathematics,
Wayne State University
Research Interest/Area of Expertise
Numerical Analysis and Scientific Computing; Numerical Methods for PDEs; Finite Element Methods
Education – Degrees, Licenses, Certifications
- M.A. in Applied Mathematics and Scientific Computation, Bowling Green State University, 2017
- M.Sc. Diploma in Industrial Mathematics, PGIS, University of Peradeniya, 2015
- B.Sc. Special Degree in Mathematics, University of Peradeniya, 2013
Awards and Grants
$200 - Travel Grant, Informal Analysis Seminar, Kent State University, OH, USA (2017)www.math.kent.edu/~zvavitch/informal/Informal_Analysis_Seminar/Participants_April_2017.html.
$150 - Travel Grant, Recent Advances in Applied and Computational Mathematics: A Workshop in Memory of Professor Peter Smereka, University of Michigan, MI, USA (2018)
- Nonlinear growth of instability which deforms convection rolls (2014) Postgraduate Institution of Science Research congress, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka, ISBN: 978-955-8787-05-2
- Designing energy tax rate to optimize energy usage in garment factories using game theory (2015) Proceeding of Second Ruhuna International Science and Technology Conference, Faculty of Science, University of Ruhuna, Sri Lanka, ISSN: 1391-8796
- Basic Mathematics (2015) Textbook on mathematics for 100 level students at the Faculty of Arts, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka ISBN: 978-955-589-186-8
MAT 1050, 5 credits, Fall 2018.
- MAT 1800, 4 Credits, Winter 2018.
- MAT 1050, 5 Credits, Spring/Summer 2018