Research interest(s)/area of expertise
- Health economics
- Health insurance
- Pollution and health
- Ph.D. Cornell University 2014
- “The Global COVID-19 Student Survey: First wave results” with David A. Jaeger, Jaime Arellano-Bover, Krzysztof Karbownik, Marta Martínez-Matute, John M. Nunley, R. Alan Seals, Miguel Almunia, Mackenzie Alston, Sascha O. Becker, Pilar Beneito, René Böheim, José E. Boscá, Jessica H. Brown, Simon Chang, Deborah Cobb-Clark, Sandra Donnally, Marissa Eckrote-Nordland, Lídía Farré, Javier Ferri, Margherita Fort, Jane Cooley Fruewirth, Rebecca Gelding, Allen C. Goodman, Melanie Guldi, Simone Häckl, Janet Hankin, Scott Imberman, Joanna Lahey, Joan Llull, Hani Mansour, Isaac Mcfarlin, Jaakko Meriläinen, Tove Mörtlund, Martin Nybom, Stephen D. Oconnell, Rupert Sausgruber, Amy Ellen Schwarz, Jan Stuhler, Petra Thiemann, Roel Van Veldhuizen, Marianne Wannamaker, Maria Zhu. Covid Economics Issue 79, 27 May 2021. CEPR Press.
- “RACE-IT – Rapid Acute Coronary Syndrome Exclusion using the Beckman Coulter Access High-Sensitivity Cardiac Troponin I: a Stepped-Wedge Cluster Randomized Trial” with Joseph Miller, Bernard Cook, Gulmohar Singh-Kucukarslan, Amy Tang, Gerard Heath, Ziad Khalifa, Phillip Levy, Simon Mahler, Nicholas Mills, James McCord. April 2021. Forthcoming at Contemporary Clinical Trials Communications.
- “Rolling Back the Gains: Maternal Stress Undermines Pregnancy Health After Flint's Water Switch,” with Derek Jenkins (graduate student). Health Economics. 2020. 30: 564-584.
- "The Population Health OutcomEs aNd Information Exchange (PHOENIX) - A Transformative Approach to Reduce the Burden of Chronic Disease," with Korzeniewski SJ, Bezold C, Carbone JT, Foster B, Misra D, El-Masri MM, Zhu D, Welch R, Meloche L, Hill AB, Levy, P. Online Journal of Public Health Informatics. 2020; 12(1): e3.
- “Medicaid Expansion and Resource Utilization in the Emergency Department” with Alexander Janke and Phillip Levy. American Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2020 Dec; 38 (12), 2586-2590.
- “More Sneezing, Less Crime? Seasonal Allergies as Transitory Cost of Crime,” with Aaron Chalfin and Monica Deza. Journal of Health Economics. 2019; 68, 102-30.
- “The Effect of a Medical Toxicology Inpatient Service in an Academic Tertiary Care Referral Center” with Andrew King, Michael Lynch, Nathan Menke, Yijia Mu, Melissa Saul, Michael Abesamis, and Anthony Pizon. Journal of Medical Toxicology, 2018 Jan;15(1):12-21.
- “Policy of Prevention: Medical Utilization Under a Wellness Plan” Health Economics 2018; 27(11) 1843-1858.
- “Taking the Hassle Out of Wellness: Do Peers and Health Matter?” International Journal of Health Economics and Management. 2018; 18(1), 1-23.
ECO 7550 Economics of Health Care
- ECO5550/6550 Economics of Health Care
- ECO2550 US Health Care: Policy and Economics
- ECO2010 Principles of Microeconomics
- ECO5000 Intermediate Microeconomics