Research Interest/Area of Expertise
Health Economics and Aging; Health Insurance; Health Care Disparities; Health Services and Policy; Quantitative Methods.
For my updated profile and ongoing projects list please visit: https://iog.wayne.edu/profile/fq8553
Research Assistant, Institute of Gerontology – Wayne State University, 2017 – Present
• Currently working on a National Institute of Aging (NIA) research grant focused on the epidemiology of Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementia among Hispanics/Latino.
Data and Research Intern, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC), 2013-2014
• The Taxi Network Research (NIH 2013 R24MD): Worked on a community and driver engaged research study that aimed to reduce taxi driver’s overlapping cancer and cardiovascular risk at the Immigrant Health and Cancer Disparities (IHCD).
Research Assistant, Economics Department-University at Buffalo, 2013
Education – Degrees, Licenses, Certifications
- Phd in Economics (A.B.D), Wayne State University, July-2019 (Expected)
- Master of Arts in Economics, SUNY-Buffalo, 2013
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics, National University of Singapore, 2010
Awards and Grants
Graduate Research Assistantship Award on a National Institute of Health (NIH) funded project under Dr. Wassim Tarraf, Institute of Gerontology, 2018-2019, Wayne State University
Predoctoral Training Fellowship, Institute of Gerontology, 2017-Present, Wayne State University
Rumble Fellowship, Department of Economics, 2017-2018, WSU (declined and accepted Graduate Teaching Assistantship Award)
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) Award to Attend the Workshop on ‘Health Disparities, Health Inequalities and Vulnerable Population’ at the Inter-University of Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR), 2017, University of Michigan
Graduate Teaching Assistantship Award, Department of Economics, Wayne State University 2014-2018
Teaching Assistantship Award, Center for Academic Development Services (CADS), University at Buffalo, 2012-2013
Singapore Ministry of Education (MOE) Tuition Grant, National University of Singapore, 2006-2010.
ECO 2010- Principles of Microeconomics
ECO 2020- Principles of Macroenocomics
ECO5050- Intermediate Macroeconomics
ECO5100- Introductory Statistics and Econometrics