Doctoral Student in Clinical Psychology
5057 Woodward, 7th floor, Room 7502
- The etiology and treatment of addictive behaviors, including substance use and pathological gambling.
- Brief interventions for addictive behaviors, characteristics that maximize the effectiveness of these interventions, and how to use these interventions to increase access to treatment.
- Affect-based impulsivity, and the role of emotions in addictive behaviors.
- Treatment of substance use during pregnancy.
Education – Degrees, Licenses, Certifications
- MA, Psychology, Clinical Program, Wayne State University
- BS, Psychology, Michigan State University
Ellis, J.D., Lister, J.J., Struble, C.A., Cairncross, M., Carr, M.M., Ledgerwood, D.M. (2018). Client and clinician-rated characteristics of problem gamblers with and without history of gambling-related illegal behaviors. Addictive Behaviors, 84, 1-6.
Ellis, J.D., Carr, M. M., Ledgerwood, D. M. (in press). Executive function in problem gamblers with and without history of depression. International Journal of Mental Health and Addiction.
Hand, D.J.., Ellis, J.D., Carr, M. M, Abatemarco, D.J., Ledgerwood, D.M (2017) Contingency management
interventions for tobacco and other substance use disorders in pregnancy. Psychology of Addictive Behaviors, 31(8), 907-921. DOI: 10.1037/adb0000291
Ellis, J.D., Grekin, E.R., Beatty, J.R., McGoron, K. L., LaLiberte, B.V., Pop, D. E., Kostecki, A. P., Ondersma,
S. J. (2017). Effects of narrator empathy in a computer-delivered, brief intervention for alcohol use. Contemporary Clinical Trials, 61, 29-32.
Ellis, J.D., Schroder, H.S., Patrick, C.J., Moser, J.S. (2017) Emotional reactivity and regulation in individuals
with psychopathic traits: Evidence for a disconnect between neurophysiology and self-report, Psychophysiology, 54(10), 1574-1585.
PSY 2410 (Health Psychology)
PSY 3250 (Psychology of Women)
PSY 3310 (Abnormal Psychology)
PSY 3993 (Writing Intensive Lab)
PSY 1020 (Elements of Psychology)