Physics And Astronomy
Professor, Wayne State University, 2021 - present
Associate Professor (Tenured), Wayne State University, 2015 - 2021.
Associate Professor, Wayne State University, 2011 - 2015.
Visiting Assistant Professor, Ohio State University, 2008 - 2011.
Postdoctoral Fellow, Duke University, 2005 - 2008.
Postdoctoral Fellow, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, 2002 - 2005.
Research interest(s)/area of expertise
- Theory of the strong nuclear force (Quantum Chromodynamics)
- Nuclear Collisions and Electron Ion Collisions.
- Jets and Jet quenching in the Quark Gluon Plasma.
- Interdisciplinary research in collaboration with Computer Science and Statistics jetscape.org
- Ph.D. 2002 McGill University, Montreal, Canada
- M.Sc. 1997 Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India
- B.Sc. (Hons.) 1995 Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India
Awards and grants
National Science Foundation SI2 program (JETSCAPE collaboration), 2016 - 2021.
Department of Energy (Nuclear theory), 2015 - present.
Department of Energy (JET Collaboration), 2013 - 2015.
National Science Foundation (Nuclear Theory), 2012 - 2016.
National Science Foundation CSSI program (X-SCAPE project of the JETSCAPE collaboration), 2020 - 2024.
All my papers can be accessed on the INSIPRE website at Stanford Univeristy.
PHY 8850 Quantum Field Theory I, Fall 2020
PHY 1020 Conceptual Physics: The basic science
PHY 8800 Advanced Nuclear Physics, Winter 2017 & 2019
PHY 7110 Methods of Theoretical Physics, Fall 2015 & 2016
PHY 8860 Quantum Field Theory II, Winter 2016
PHY 6600 Electromagnetic Fields I, Fall 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2019
PHY 6610 Electromagnetic Fields II, Winter 2012, 2013, 2015
PHY 1020 Conceptual Physics: The basic science Winter 2014