Research interest(s)/area of expertise
Writing program administration, teacher development, first-year writing, reflective writing
- B.A. English, Valparaiso University
- M.A. English Composition and Communication, Central Michigan University
- Ph.D. English, Rhetoric and Composition, Wayne State University
- Professional Education Certificate, State of Michigan, expires June 2026
Awards and grants
Excellence in Teaching Writing Award, Wayne State University Rhetoric and Composition Program, 2015
President's Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2020
General Education Teaching Award, 2021
University Research Grant, 2021
Arts and Humanities Research Support Grant, 2021
- Jankens, Adrienne, Nicole Guinot Varty, Haley Shier, and Michelle Borkosh. "The (Missing) Human Part: Listening for Students' Perceptions of the Value of Peer Mentors." Learning Communities Research and Practice, vol. 9. November 2021.
- Jankens, Adrienne and Amy Ann Latawiec. "Revising Reflection for Results in Teacher Research." Composition Forum, vol. 46. Spring 2021.
- Jankens, Adrienne. “Readings for Rhetorical Responsibility: Using Contemporary Online Texts to Deepen a Concept.” Language Arts Journal of Michigan, vol. 36., no. 1, Fall 2020.
- Jankens, Adrienne. "Learning How to Ask Writing Questions with Rhetorical Reflections." Composition Forum, vol. 41. Spring 2019.
- Trimble, Thomas and Adrienne Jankens. “Features of Reflective Writing: Using Taxonomies of Metacognitive Behaviors to Analyze Student Reflection and Improve Teaching Practice.” Pedagogy: Critical Approaches to Teaching Literature, Language, Composition, and Culture, vol. 19, no. 3, October 2019.
- Wallis, Jule and Adrienne Jankens. “Collaborative Development: Reflective Mentoring for GTAs.” Writing Program and Writing Center Collaborations: Transcending Boundaries. Eds. Alice Myatt and Lynee Gaillet. Palgrave MacMillan, 2016.
On sabbatical Fall 2022
- ENG 1020 (Introductory College Writing)
- ENG 3010 (Intermediate College Writing)
- ENG 5010 (Advanced Expository Writing)
- ENG 5790 (Writing Theory)
- ENG 6004 (Pedagogical Practicum II)
- ENG 7007 (Composition Theory)
- ENG 7064 (The Teaching of Writing)
- ENG 7850 (Pedagogical Practicum I)
- ENG 7860 (Pedagogical Practicum II)
- ENG 7990 (directed studies in Rhetoric, Composition, Writing Studies, and Literacy)
- ENG 8007 (Seminar in Rhetoric and Writing Studies)