Research interest(s)/area of expertise
- Algebra: affine algebraic geometry, nonassociative algebras, polynomial algebras, free associative, Poisson, and Lie algebras, free groups, automorphism groups, the Jacobian Conjecture, algorithmic problems, differential polynomial algebras, nonassociative Hopf algebras, braided free algebras.
- Master's degree, M.S. Novosibirsk State University, Novosibirsk, Russia, 1982.
- Ph.D. Sobolev Institute of Mathematics, Novosibirsk, Russia, 1986.
- Doctor of Science, Sobolev Institute of Mathematics, Novosibirsk, Russia, 1995.
U.U. Umirbaev, The Anick automorphism of free associative algebras. J. Reine Angew. Math. 605 (2007), 165-178.
I.P. Shestakov, U.U. Umirbaev, Tame and wild automorphisms of rings of polynomials in three variables. J. Amer. Math. Soc. 17 (2004), 197-227.
U.U. Umirbaev, The occurrence problem for free sovable groups. Algebra i Logika 34 (1995), no. 2, 211-232.
- MAT 5420: Algebra I
- MAT 3450: Applied Calculus and Differential Equations