Research interest(s)/area of expertise
- My research interests are related to mental health issues among low-income, urban adolescents, including disparity in mental health service utilization and stigmatization of mental health treatment.
Dissertation Title: Mental health utilization among low-income, urban, African-American adolescents.
Thesis Title: The Impact of PTSD and Shame on cortisol regulation among adolescents with a history of sexual abuse.
- B.A., Psychology, New York University, 2000;
- MSW, Social Work, City University of New York Hunter College, 2004;
- Ph.D., Clinical Psychology, Wayne State University, 2014;
- Post Doctoral Fellowship, Developmental Disabilities, The Children's Center of Wayne County, 2015;
Awards and grants
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Student Award Program- Summer 2012