Nutrition and Food Science
Research interest(s)/area of expertise
Dyslipidemia and Lipid Metabolism in Maintenance Hemodialysis Patients.
Effects of Statin Drugs and Tocotrienol Rich Fraction Supplementation in Chronic Hemodialysis Patients and Metabolomic Profile.
The field of Chronic Kidney Disease, and Maintenance Hemodialysis, with the focus on lipids and lipoproteins metabolism.
Other focus of interest: In End-Stage Renal Disease population and Cardiovascular disease, in association with Inflammation biomarkers.
- Ph.D., Nutrition and Food Science, Wayne State University
- M.S., Nutrition and Food Science, Wayne State University
- B.S., Nutrition and Food Science, Wayne State University
- Certification: Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- International Society for the Advancement of Kinanthropometry (ISAK)
NFS 2030: Nutrition and Health
NFS 2220: Human Nutrition Lab
NFS 5140: Laboratory Techniques