Nutrition and Food Science
Research interest(s)/area of expertise
- Dyslipidemia and Lipid Metabolism in Maintenance Hemodialysis Patients.
- Effects of Statin Drugs and Tocotrienol Rich Fraction Supplementation in Chronic Hemodialysis Patients and Metabolomic Profile.
- The field of Chronic Kidney Disease, and Maintenance Hemodialysis, with the focus on lipids and lipoproteins metabolism.
- Other focus of interest: In End-Stage Renal Disease population and Cardiovascular disease, in association with Inflammation biomarkers.
- Doctorate of Philosophy, (Ph.D.) at Wayne State University, (2019)
- M.S., Nutrition and Food Science, Wayne State University, (2014)
- B.S., Nutrition and Food Science, Wayne State University (2012)
- Certification: Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- International Society for the Advancement of Kinanthropometry (ISAK)
NFS 2030: Nutrition and Health
NFS 2220: Human Nutrition Lab
NFS 5140: Laboratory Techniques