Part Time Faculty
Research Interest/Area of Expertise
Dr. Essak's research interests include:
- Theories of applied linguistics and adults' (college students) second language acquisition.
- Theories, regulations, and process of academic resettlement.
- Resettlement and academic achievement among college students in the host country.
Refugee College Students Acquiring Academic Literacy: An Exploration of How Their Views of Academic Literacy Impact The Process
Education – Degrees, Licenses, Certifications
- Ph.D., Curriculum and Instruction/Applied Linguistics, Wayne State University
- Master of Arts in Teaching, Wayne State University
- Certified Secondary Business Education/K-12 ESL and Bilingual Teacher
ARB 1010, Elementary Arabic I
ARB 1020, Elementary Arabic II
ARB 2010, Intermediate Arabic I
ED 5998, Field Studies