3161 Faculty/Administration Building
Ph.D., Science and Technology Studies, Cornell University, 1996
Research interest(s)/area of expertise
- Science and Technology Studies
- Environmental History
- History of Evolutionary Science
The New Sciences of Cultural Evolution
The Science and Politics of Chemical and Radiological Hazards in the Twentieth Century
Dissent and Diversity in Science
- Ph.D., Science and Technology Studies, Cornell University, 1996
- M.A., Science and Technology Studies, Cornell University, 1993
- M.S., Science and Technology Studies, Virginia Tech, 1989
- B.S., Physics, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 1987
“Imre Lakatos and the Inexhaustible Atom: The Hidden Marxist Roots of History and Philosophy of Science,” Epistemology & Philosophy of Science, 55 (3), 2018, 25-34.
“After the Gold Rush: Cleaning Up after Steve Fuller’s Theosis,” Philosophy of the Social Sciences, 48 (5), 2018, 505–523.
"Cultural Evolution and Social Epistemology: A Darwinian Alternative to Steve Fuller’s Theodicy of Science." Social Epistemology, 31 (2), 2017, 224-34.
“Second-Guessing Scientists and Engineers: Post Hoc Criticism and the Reform of Practice in Green Chemistry and Engineering,” Science and Engineering Ethics, 21 (5), 2015, 1217-40.
“Thresholds of Change: Why Didn’t Green Chemistry Happen Sooner,” Technology’s Stories, Society for the History of Science, 3 (1): April 2015, http://www.technologystories.org.
- HIS 1995, Nature and Societal Transitions (3 cr.)
- HIS 3585/HIS 5585, Science, Technology, and Society (3 cr.)
- HIS 5540/7540: World Environmental History since 1900 (4 cr.)
475 citations (Google Scholar)