3133 Faculty/Administration Building
Research interest(s)/area of expertise
- U.S. History
- Ph.D., University of Minnesota - Minneapolis, 1989
- M.A., University of Minnesota - Minneapolis, 1978
- B.A., History, Hamline University, 1974
Gender Remade: Citizenship and Statehood in the New Northwest, 1879-1912 (Cambridge University Press, 2015).
With Maeva Marcus, et al., Documentary History of the U.S. Supreme Court, Vols. 1-2 (Columbia University Press, 2004).
Constitutionalism and American Culture: Writing the New Constitutional History, senior editor (University Press of Kansas, 2002).
Belonging to the World: Women’s Rights and American Constitutional Culture (Oxford University Press, 2001).
Articles, Chapters, and Review Essays
“Words as Hard as Cannon-Balls…” in Constitutionalism and American Culture: Writing the New Constitutional History, 307-358 (2002).
- HIS 2040, United States to 1877 (4 cr.)
- HIS 5020/7020 Revolutionary America (4 cr.)