Research Interest/Area of Expertise
Mosquito Odorant Binding Proteins
Education – Degrees, Licenses, Certifications
- Ursuline College, AB
- Ohio State University, MS
- University of California, Ph.D
- California Institute of Technology, Postdoctoral
Awards and Grants
- October 1998 (Awardee: Nobel Laureate Paul Boyer); October 2000 (Awardee: Daniel E. Koshland, Jr.); November 2001 (Awardee: James Peters). November, 2004 (Awardee: David Eisenberg)
- Excellence in Teaching Award, COS, WSU, 2002
- Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers, 2002 – present
- Awarded sabbatical leave for F 2006 and W 2007 semesters
- Faculty advisor to the Pre-Professional Medical Society, 2010-present
- Sodja, A., Davidson, N., Gene Mapping and Gene Enrichment by the Avidin-Biotin Interaction: Use of Cytochrome-c as a Polyamine Bridge. Nucleic Acids Research 5: 385-401 (1978).
- Sodja, A., Fujioka, H., Lemos, F.J.A., Donnely-Doman, M., and Jacobs-Lorena, M. (2007). The Induction of Actin Gene Expression in the Mosquito Midgut in Response to Blood Ingestion Correlates with Dramatic Changes of Cell Shape. J. Insect. Physiol., 53, 833-839.
- Palomino, E., and Sodja, A. (2007). Method and Apparatus for the In-Vitro Evaluation of Substances as Mosquito Repellents. Patent # US 7,275,499 B2 (2/10/07).
- Sodja, A. and Palomino, E., (2008). Odorant-Binding Proteins and Mosquito Repellents: Lessons Learned in “Insect Physiology: New Research, ®.π. μaes, editor, Nova Science Publishers, Inc., New York, p. 295-306.
- Mairiang, D., Zhang, H., Sodja, A., Murali, T., Suriyaphol, P., Malasit, P., Limjindaporn, T., Finley, R. L., JR. (2013). Identification of New Protein Interactions Between Dengue Fever Virus and Its Hosts, Human and Mosquito. PLoS ONE 8(1): e53535.doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0053535.