Research interest(s)/area of expertise
- The Genetics of Aging
- Dickinson College, BS
- Temple University, Ph.D
Awards and grants
- 2006 Fulbright-University of Salzburg Distinguished Chair in Natural Sciences, Winter term
- 2002 Faculty Teaching Award, CLAS, Wayne State University
- 2000 Faculty Recognition Award, Wayne State University (for outstanding scholarship
- Craig, T, C. Smelick, R Tacutu, SH Wood, D Wuttke, H. Stanley, . Janssens, E. Savitskaya, Al Moskalev, R. Arking, and J. Pedro de Magalhaes. 2014. The Digital Ageing Atlas: Integrating the diversity of age-related changes into a unified resource. Nucleic Acid Research:doi:10.1093/nar/gku843. Published online Sept. 14 2014.(cited 7 times)
- Arking, R. Independent Chemical Regulation of Health- and Senescent-spans in Drosophila. J. Invertebrate Reproduction & Development. 2015. Invertebrate Development & Reporduction, 59 (S1):28-32. doi 10.1080/07924259.2014.978028.
- Jeon, Ho-Jun, Young-Shin Kim, Joung-Sun Park, Jung-Hood Pyo, Hyun-Jun Na, In-Joo Kim, Cheol-Min Kim, Hae Young Chung, Nam Deuk Kim, Robert Arking, and Mi-Ae Yoo. Age-related change in γH2AX of Drosophila muscle: its significance as a marker for muscle damage and longevity”. Biogerontology:2015 Aug;16(4):503-16. doi: 10.1007/s10522-015-9573-0. Epub 2015 Apr 10.
- Na, Hyun-Jin, Joung-Sun Park, Jung-Hoon Pyo, Ho-Jun Jeon, Young-Shin Kim, Robert Arking and Mi-Ae Yoo. Inhibitory effect of metformin on age-related centrosome amplification of Drosophila midgut stem cells through AKT/TOR pathway. Mech Ageing Dev. 2015 Jul;149:8-18.
- Sujkowski, A., B Bazzell, K Carpenter, R. Arking, and RJ Wessells. 2015. Endurance exercise and seleective breeding for longevity extend Drosophila healthspan by overlapping mechanisms. AGING 7(8): (cited 20 times